Nowadays, WordPress powers over 39% of the internet. Because of its simplicity, WordPress is among developers’ favorite alternatives. You don’t need to learn how to code, and it offers a wide range of plugins to add features with ease.
During the coronavirus lockdown, booking appointments became a struggle for many businesses. Managing customers’ appointments by phone wasn’t effective, and they needed to reinvent their processes.
Having a calendar on your website and giving your visitors the ability to book a meeting with you without having to go back and forth over email or phone calls is one of the best ways to ensure they go through the funnel seamlessly. Online booking significantly reduces the time spent on the booking process, making everything more effective and everyone happier. No more conversations where you have to say “let me check when I’m available”, “oh, that day doesn’t work for me…” It’s a win win for all parties involved.
So, if you’re looking to give your website a new look and add what it’s no longer an exceptional but crucial feature, you must have a booking calendar on your website. Whether you are a WordPress developer or your business website relies on WordPress to run, you can’t miss this article because the plugins listed below are the best online booking plugins for your site in 2021.
Recommended reading: Kinsta vs Siteground: 3 Limitations that make Kinsta the better hosting option
WPAmelia is an appointments and events booking plugin that’s available 24/7. It’s fully automated and enables you to receive payments even while you sleep. WPAmelia is the perfect fit for law consultants, private clinics, spa salons, repair centers, and many other similar businesses.
If you want to try it before you buy it, you can install WPAmelia Lite. It’s totally free and easy to install. Nevertheless, to enjoy all the features WPAmelia has to offer, you need to get the paid version. The basic plan costs $59 per year. But, if you want to save up to 38% per year, you should get the pro version.
With WPAmelia, you’ll get:
- World-class support to solve any problem at any time
- An Easy-to-use interface where customers can make their appointments, and you can manage all your bookings.
- Automated interaction with potential customers so you can focus on your work and let Amelia keep them engaged.
- An Insightful Admin Dashboard that summarizes all critical KPIs and displays them in charts, widgets, or tables.
- A step-by-step booking wizard to enhance your site’s UX and let customers book whatever they need quickly.
- A dynamic Admin Calendar View to track every appointment you want in only minutes.
- A Customizable minimalistic design.
Bookly claims to be the best appointment scheduling software in the market. Their WP plugin is the foundation of all their available solutions. The WP Bookly plugin can be downloaded for free. But, if you want to get the whole experience, you must make a one-time payment to get Bookly Pro for a lifetime.
According to Bookly, over 33K clients from different industries have picked their booking solution as their scheduling software. With Bookly Free Plugin, you’ll get:
- Full booking automation
- User-friendly admin panel
- SMS notifications to keep your customers up to date and send reminders.
- Responsive Layout to enhance your website UX
- Complete customization to improve your website UI and attract your visitors’ attention.
- A Mobile-friendly interface to let your customers make appointments on the go.
The Bookly free version is upgradable to the Pro version. It helps you make a risk-free start and get regular updates. However, Bookly only offers Priority support with the Pro version.
Bookly Pro, on the other hand, offers:
- Full-time support for 6 Months
- A Mobile-friendly Responsive, and customizable Booking Form.
- Exportable booking list you can filter using any category you want.
- CRM features with unlimited client lists.
- Internal notes and Payments Stats about any client.
- Customizable email templates and SMS notifications
- Full G-Calendar integration
- In-Built Paypal Express Checkout option
- Multi-language support with over 10 languages included
- WooCommerce compatibility
- Constant Updates
Visit Bookly PRO
BirchPress is a WordPress Booking Plugin that has become popular lately because it’s developer-friendly. Via shortcode, you can add a booking form to your website. As it was created with developers in mind, adding custom functionalities is really simple. Although there’s a free version, it has many restricted functions.
The starting price is $99 for the personal plan, which could be a good fit for your personal projects. Nonetheless, if you’re looking for a plan that could fit your commercial project, you should purchase the business plan. The business plan cost $199 and offers:
- 1-year support and updates
- Automated Email notifications to clients and staff
- Email reminders
- Custom email messages
- Flexible booking options
- Customers’ cancel/reschedule option availability
- Custom booking form based on your needs
- Page redirection after booking
- WP user integrations
- Calendar Sync
- Group Booking
- Staff member auto-assignment
Pricing: Varies based on the plan
vCita Online booking plugin is among the best WordPress plugins to offer booking features on your sites. The company provides a wide range of alternatives based on your team’s size. When billed annually, their “essentials” plan costs 19 per month.
vCita scheduling plugin includes not only appointments managing features but also marketing features. For example, for only $45 per month, you can get the vCita business plan. It enables you to offer online coupons, create email /SMS marketing campaigns, and let customers make reservations using Google. Also, you’ll get an online lead capturing widget to attract even more customers.
In general terms, the vCita online booking plugin offers:
- Client management features
- Billing and Invoicing forms
- Receive online payments
- Zoom integration
- G-calendar integrations
- Online coupons
- Automated reminders
- SMS notifications and reminders
- Monthly SMS credits inside and outside the US
- Google Analytics integrations
- Email and Phone support
vCita offers a 14-day trial if you want to try their product before making a purchase. Even so, set-up and installation are not that easy, and you’ll probably need to pay $150 for a session to get everything ready.
Visit Online Booking by vCita
This appointment plugin has a straightforward interface that allows customers to book appointments within seconds. It’s easy to set up and install, so you won’t need to pay for a session with the support team. Booked plugin is highly customizable. It enables you to add as many fields as you need to get the right information from your customers.
If you want a plugin easy to navigate, manage, and offer all the essential things, Booked might be your perfect fit. Booked regular license costs $49, but you can pay $16.50 more to get an extended support.
By purchasing Booked regular license, you’ll get:
- Booked Add-Ons like Payments with WooCommerce, Front-End agents, and Calendar Feeds
- 6 or 12 months support depending on what you paid for
- Lifetime Updates
- Booking services for registered customers and guests
- Customizable Email Content
- A Fully translatable interface
- A login feature to let your customers create their own profiles and provide a personalized experience.
Having a calendar and an appointment plugin on your site will help you increase your productivity and reduce costs. There’s no need to hire secretaries, and you’ll take your site to a whole new level. As these plugins are available 24/7, you can generate leads and keep customers engaged from anywhere in the world.